Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body/Component in Ghost Mode

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dcgall
4096 Views, 6 Replies

Body/Component in Ghost Mode

What causes a Body or Component to go into Ghost Mode?

CropperCapture[2].jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dunderhead
in reply to: dcgall

I have the same, or at least similar, problem: while in sculpt mode, at some point every new T spline that I created became undeletable.  Moreover, each new T spline would not show up in the "browser" panel.  Going in and out of "capture design history" did not help.  I seem to be stuck with these ghost objects forever!  I'd like to file a bug report, with files and all, but I couldn't find the information how to do that.

Message 3 of 7
dunderhead
in reply to: dunderhead

Well, actually I played around with the design history a little more and I managed to find the ghost objects at the end of time!  But they were tucked away in the main "Bodies" folder, not in the component in which I was working.  I think that was what tripped me up.  Basically, I think what is going on is that once you go back in time, objects that you created later  (such as breps that are converted T-splines, the stuff you get by "finish form") do not exist, they cannot be edited, yet, they do exist in the future!  That is why you will see the surface appearance, from the future, on a T spline that has already been converted if you go back in time to edit it.  All of this makes perfectly sense as I write it, but it has to be experienced!!!

You can disassociate this connection by right clicking on your T spline and toggle "show/hide associated bodies".

Message 4 of 7
dcgall
in reply to: dcgall

Maybe "Ghost" was the wrong term to use because these are actual bodies/components in my design.

They just show up like this.  They were fine at one point, but then I must have gone down one

of the rabbit holes (that I find F360 is riddled with) and now these objects are "Ghosts".

??

Message 5 of 7
kingson138
in reply to: dunderhead

Hello there is an option at "Preference" that you can toggle between Ghost bodies:

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 11.49.40 am.png

Also A solid created at the Parametric Mode will change to a transparent body when you go into "Create Form" mode. You can always "Convert" part of this body to TSpline by selecting that part and do a "Conversion" from Brep to TSpline. I think this is to distinguish between TSplines and Breps at the "Create Form" mode.

The "Converted to Solids left over TSplines" are not shown at the parametric mode. But in fact they are there. To see them, save your parametric f3d archive, then select to stop the recording. You will see them at the "Body" section. Do not delete them unless you had decided to change into this Direct Modeling mode. I usually do that by saving the parametric f3d using the name "name_parametric.f3d". After changing to Direct Modeling mode, I will archive to a different name like "name.f3d". I have my reasons for doing that. 1) I wanted to scale my models into different sizes, for example my ring designs (Only in DM mode components can be scaled.).

2) I wanted to copy and paste components.

3) Other functions only available at the DM non recorded mode.

The above are not available even at the "Create Base Feature" mode with the TimeLine.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 6 of 7
phando123
in reply to: kingson138

I think I am having the same issue. Once I started making components, they started showing up ghosted. My motivation to add components was to make a joint. The joint works great, but my model is all ghosted now. Is there a way to change the view so I can my objects in normal mode? Also, how do I add more bodies to a component.

Thanks,

Joe 

Message 7 of 7
phando123
in reply to: phando123

Turns out it was an active component. I didn't know how to un-activate a component. Once I selected the bodies radio button from the browser everything was fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report