Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta is Ending - Please Export Your Designs

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
garin
819 Views, 7 Replies

Beta is Ending - Please Export Your Designs

Those of you that installed and used the Fusion 360 beta (Dec. 16 - present), we will be closing the beta Jan 31. We are extremely grateful for all the feedback we received. We had over 200 people in the beta and was able log and fix over 400 defects due to your efforts. Thanks for all the help!!!

If you have any data from the beta that you would like to keep, please follow the following steps to export it from the beta build. 

1. Launch Fusion 360 Beta
  2. Open the design you want to export
  3. Select the hamburger button (yep you heard right, some say its the technical term for the three bar icon on left side of the application)
  4. Select Export Archive 

Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 4.56.09 PM.png

Rinse and repeat on any other designs you want exported. Then you can import them into the production version of Fusion 360. 

We will be closing the beta Jan 31 so be sure to pull your data before that. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
keithd
in reply to: garin

How do I delete the Fusion 360 Beta without deleting the Fusion 360 release version?

--

Keith

Message 3 of 8
rishivadher
in reply to: keithd

I think is just going to the “Control Panel”, “Programs and Features”, and select the Fusion Beta and uninstall. And if you have to uninstall the release version, you can fastly install it back again.

Best Rishi

Message 4 of 8
garin

Are you using Windows or a Mac?

Message 5 of 8
CGPM

In Win7 go to uninstall programs in Control Panel and uninstall the Fusion 360 Beta.  The production program is separate.

Message 6 of 8
keithd

Yes, sorry, I should have stated, I am on a Mac.

I have both the production version and beta version loaded. When I look in Library/Application Support/Autodesk it is not clear which files belong to the beta and which to the production version.

--

Keith

Message 7 of 8
garin

If you select Launchpad in the Dock you should see an icon named something like "Remove Autodesk Fusion 360 [Fusion Beta] that you can select and it will remove the beta version. 

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 9.24.36 PM.png

Message 8 of 8
keithd

Thank you. That worked.

A note for future releases, however. In the Launchpad dock the icon was clearly labeled to remove the beta. But when you click on it, the uninstaller program that runs says only that it is uninstalling Fusion 360. It says nothing about the beta. I had to trust that I had clicked the right thing and that it was going to uninstall only the beta. It seems to have worked fine, although it was a bit unnerving. 

--

Keith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report