Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices - Assemblies

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
quaverf
343 Views, 1 Reply

Best Practices - Assemblies

When creating a design composed of multiple components and in parametric mode is it best to create each component in one design (sequentially creating components) or is it better to create the components individually and then create an assembly design and import each of the components?

By best I mean which method will provide greatest stability and versatility.  I realize there is probably not a "right" answer to this as it seems Fusion can do either.  I have noticed that when using the first method when I have created the first few components Fusion behaves nicely.  As I create more components and add assembly relationships it definitely becomes progressively less stable.  Something as simple as deleting a component can cause a crash.

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Thank you to bring up the topic!

Theoretically, Fusion can handle the both cases, but  the first approach look better, because it can better leverage Fusion's capability without managing multiple files.

If you meet any problem when you do modeling work, feel free to post them 🙂

Thanks!

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report