Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attempt to insert design breaks the inserted design

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
767 Views, 7 Replies

attempt to insert design breaks the inserted design

When I insert a design into a new design, the inserted design is missing some of its features and seems to have other features that shouldn't be there.

Step 1: create new design (to insert prior designs into)

Step 2: insert a prior design

Step 3: inserted design is missing some holes in a C-pattern, has features that aren't in the original design, and shows a section analysis that's turned off in the original design.

I've attached three screenshots, named and described as follows:

design to be imported.png - note the hole patterns;

design as imported.png - note the missing holes in the inner hle pattern, the weird curved new features and the section analysis (original design has this analysis, but I switched it off in the original before insertion;

imported and analysis off.png - holes still missing, curved features still there.

Any idea what's corrupting the insert/import? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mike.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you upload your f3d file? So we can address the issue quickly.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mike.Zhang

Hi, Mike - Insert/import original file attached. Thanks for having a look at this.

Regards,

Michael

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Additional information:

1. Trying the same insert process this morning, the design is imported with the section analysis switched off, and without the odd extra curved features. The missing holes from the inner hole pattern are still missing, though.

2. Right after the insert, there was an error screen at the lower right that had something about "not matched, will use cache", followed by about 20 lines of text. The screen disappeared a moment after the insert image draw completed, so I couldn't capture it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Here's a pic of the error messages that come up during the insert.

Message 6 of 8
Mike.Zhang

I just have a quick look on your file, seems after directly import & open it in Fusion 360, notice the Timeline, there're some errors/currupts feautures.

The model is already corrupted. So after insert, we will meet the problem you mentioned.

Do you remember what have you done to make it corrupt? 

You also can try to recreate this model, I just create a new simpler one, but can't reproduce your problems.

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Mike.Zhang

The_delete_in_Timeline.png

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Could be. I recreated the part from scratch in a new design. It inserts into other designs with no problems. Thanks for looking at this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report