Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Fillet on C-Pattern not identical

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zakaria_kassar
273 Views, 2 Replies

3D Fillet on C-Pattern not identical

Hi, I have just created 5 of the same identical objects around a cynlinder and I was able to get a fillet on all edges except the initial object I illustrated. Could you please have a look at it and see where I went wrong? 

I need to have 6.8mm radius like the others, but I'm only able to get a maximum of 2.2mm. 

Also, if I created the features as seperate bodies and revolved it, that worked, however when I go to shell the entire body it doesn't do it correctly, so I've opted to do it in this method, but maybe I'm missing something in that also. 

http://a360.co/15MolR4

Thanks, Zak.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

When I attempt to download the file it says the file is still being translated.  Would you be able to export the .f3d file and upload it here to the forums so that I can take a look at it?

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
karyeka
in reply to: joel.palioca

Hi,

There seems to be some issue with the original instance that is patterned. I also noticed that there is slight shape change between pattern faces and pattern features result. The fillet seems larger for the geometry involved and so fails with slight change in shape. We will take a look at this further.

In the mean time I just deleted the faces that form the original instance and then circular pattern the filleted faces (other instance) to fill up the deleted instance. This works and I am able to move forward with your shell as well.

pattern_part.PNG

Please review the model at - http://a360.co/1w2o9c0

I hope this helps, let me know if you any questions.

Thanks,

Anand

Fusion360 Development

Anand Karyekar

Forge Graphics

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report