Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warpage

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mayur_dhumal
932 Views, 7 Replies

Warpage

Please guide me,Can Warpage be differentiate from linear shrinkage without having CRIMS data?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
abakharev
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Yes. Even without CRIMS data warpage predictions by AMI are usually reasonable

Message 3 of 8
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: abakharev

Thank you abakharev, for your instant reply.

But AMI gives you shrinkage+warpage,in different directions, how can we differentiate that?

Message 4 of 8
abakharev

If you select a warpage plot, go to the Result tab and select Examine, then you can select any two nodes (or enter their numbers) and get all the information, including distance before and after warpage and the shrinkage.

ExamShrink.jpg

Message 5 of 8
hemajaya
in reply to: abakharev

I have this picture and i'm unable to explain to anyone how the product that will come out will be. Will it be bended from the two sides. What does the warpage analysis mean ?? the deformation before and after on enquiring entities indicates what?? pls s explain in the simplest language

Message 6 of 8
abakharev
in reply to: hemajaya

The easiest way to see the deformed shape predicted by the warpage plot is to use the "Scale Factor". It exagerates the deformations so the warped shape is easily visible.

To do so press the right mouse button on the desired warpage plot. Select "Properties" on the Pop-up menu, go the last "Deflection" tub. Chose the scale factor big enough to clearily see the deformation, small enough to keep the warped shape recognizable.

CameraCapture.JPG

Message 7 of 8
hemajaya

So does the translucent image show the desired componenet and the coloured one the actual one as the picture that I'm getting is highly deformed and i've already produced the component but its not like that at all. Please see the image for deformation attached.

Message 8 of 8
abakharev
in reply to: hemajaya

The translucent image is showing the "undeformed molding", basically the moldi cavity.

The deformation showing on the warpage plots with high scale factors are of course exagerated but it should be in the desired directions. If the real warpage shape is different from the simulation results then something wrong with your simulation.

Have you modeled cooling? Have you applied correct pressure profile? Correct filling profile? Is the result sensitive to the position V/P transfer? Do you have CRIMS data for the material? Have you applied the "Corner Effect"? Does it make any difference if you do "Large deflection analysis"? Maybe it is worth to check the results of the 3D simulation? - Just a few suggestions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report