Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning 304500

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjsainato
367 Views, 3 Replies

Warning 304500

I ran a simulation with a valve gate size of 4.0mm, then tried running the simulation again except changing the valve gate diameter to 3.4mm.  I get the following warning and error message:  Warning 304500 & Warning 304510.

Not sure what I need to do to correct the error.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

These error messages you are receiving can be found in the local Help within Moldflow or by using the online help with the links below:

Error 304500:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-AD303427-22B8-426C-87DC-56D6C00F04FF

Error 304510:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-EDD5C77A-0F0C-4FAB-8E45-9EB64A4A431C

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Caitlin Tschappat

Message 3 of 4

I did check the help prior to posting the question - the help doesn't seem very helpful:

For message 304500 the resolution is: Edit the valve gate profile such that there is a monotonic increase in the profile values. (Not sure what a monotonic increase is)

For message 304510 the explanation is: One or more invalid valve gate control profiles have been detected. The Coupled 3D Flow solver does not support the values supplied. (Does this mean a 3.4mm diameter valve gate is not supported?)

Some clarification would be helpful.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Sainato
Design Engineer
Plastipak Packaging, Inc
Medina Development Center
Phone: +1 330.723.9189
Fax: +1 330.725.5716

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient's and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any kind is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, contact the sender via reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Message 4 of 4

Hello Mike,

Based on my understanding, monotonic has to do with order relative to a sequence.  For valve gates, this means that in modifying the diamters it changed the flow enough to alter the valve settings (such as pressure release or flow front).  

Does your analysis fail immediately or runs for a little bit then fails?  Can you provide screen captures of your valve gating profiles as well?

Thank you,

Caitlin Tschappat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report