Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible sink mark depth

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
w18855
1408 Views, 6 Replies

Visible sink mark depth

Hello~

I am curious what size would be the visible sink mark during the sink mark estimate. Anybody has idea if 0.025mm would be visible on actual part?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nishit78
in reply to: w18855

I think it will depend on the light conditions and the angle at which you are looking at that area of the part. Also any surface texturing will help in hiding those marks. Personally, i think, under a certain configuration of these factors you will see it but numerically speaking it is not a high value.

Autodesk has a product called "showcase" that helps visualize what effects these factors can have.

You can also use the scaling option in the deflection tab of plot properties for that plot (sink-marks shaded) to exaggerate the visual effect

Message 3 of 7
amwafwcel1

It depends on the what material you use , for the big shrinkage of the material, 0.01mm also can affect the appearance of the product.

Message 4 of 7
madhukeshwart

Sink estimate to be less than 0.03 for most of parts is quite ok.  it can be  up to 0.05 for granied/painted.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 5 of 7
tbloink
in reply to: madhukeshwart

What is granied? Would 0.05 mm apply to textured parts?

Message 6 of 7
madhukeshwart
in reply to: tbloink

With textured or grained
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 7 of 7
nitinhadpe

Yes, I do agree with Madhukeshwar.

Midplane:
0.003 mm for non textured / mirror polished surface
upto 0.05 mm for textured (may be any kind)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report