Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viscoelastic properties for thermoplastic material

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mmbalog
793 Views, 1 Reply

Viscoelastic properties for thermoplastic material

Hello everyone,

Does Moldflow account for viscoelasticity when simulating the shrinkage and warpage of thermoplastics?

According to the ‘User’s Guide’ there should be an option for the ‘Viscoelastic properties data’:

MF viscoelstic prop help.jpg

But I haven’t found any material in the database that has viscoelastic properties. Neither was I able to find this function for a user defined thermoplastic material.

Could you please tell me how to access this dialog for viscoelastic data? And how does the simulation account for viscoelasticity when calculating the shrinkage and warpage (which model? E.g. Maxwell)?

Thanks in advance

Michael

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alex.Bakharev
in reply to: mmbalog

Viscoelastic calculations for shrinkage and warpage have not found their ways to commercial Autodesk Moldflow products yet. They are present only in tech previews (aka Scandiums), e.g.. the latest Autodesk Moldflow TP Scandium 2014. Not many thermoplastic materials are present in the public database for this release (a couple of dozens if my memory serves me well).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report