Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Import Files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Patrick_Harris
875 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Import Files

Trying to import any file with more than one component.  If I use an assembly file from Inventor, I always get the error message "No entities imported from CAD file".  I get the same error when I try to import .stp, .iges, etc. 

I think it has something to do with Design Link but I'm not sure.  I've read in forums and in a training manual, that I should have a checkbox "Direct import using autodesk simulation...." and " process using autodesk simulation....".  These boxes do not even appear. 

Any help is appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Inventor should work perfect and at least step should work even without all the other import filters available in MF.

Could you provide some screenshots?

I mean this is usually really something that your dealer / support should be able to answer you on a telephone call within minutes.

Nevertheless:

Can you import a STL file in Moldflow?

Have you tried via IV Fusion, or via *.SAT file format?

If that doesn't work, then there would be clearly something wrong with your installation or licence management.

Which version and servicepack of MF are you complaining about?

Best regards

Harald

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

you cannot import the assembly in the moldflow.

instedad of that, you have to export the each model with same co-ordinates.

and import the model for overmolding simulation or insert molding simulation using " ADD" option in the moldflow study.

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 6

Check wheather installed the service packs or not
Prabu.k
Message 5 of 6

Hello, 

It is possible to import most assemblies into Moldflow. The resolution for this is to update the service pack through the Application Manager or the link listed below. 

Regards,

-Kristen

Kristen Kilroy

in reply to: Patrick_Harris

Hi

Try with exporting the assembly file as *.stl and import in moldflow.... in this way it may work

Regarding Design Link:

"" I think it has something to do with Design Link but I'm not sure.  I've read in forums and in a training manual, that I should have a checkbox "Direct import using autodesk simulation...." and " process using autodesk simulation....".  These boxes do not even appear. ""

Check whether you have installed Design link during software installation; if not install it.

To check for Design link installation:  Go to Options --- External Applications tab and check.

Thanks

M P Pradeep Kumar

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report