Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texturing effect

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rm_moldflow
624 Views, 2 Replies

Texturing effect

Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question in regards to texturing of the part and its affect on the flow propeties. Is there a way that the effect of texturing can be incorporated into the simulation?

Thanks

Mat

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: rm_moldflow

Hi,
how the texturing affect flow is assumed to be how heat is transferred from melt to mold depending on type of texturing.

A suggestion could then be to use the solver setting: Mold-melt Heat Transfer Coefficient (HTC)
The Mold-melt Heat Transfer Coefficient (HTC) option group is used to define the heat transfer coefficient between  the mold and the material.

You specify separate values for the HTC for the filling and packing phases, as well as values for the HTC for the cavity and core when detached (i.e., pressure is zero).

The default values are:
5000 W/m2C during the Filling phase, i.e., before packing commences.
2500 W/m2C during the Packing phase, i.e., after 100% fill.
1250 W/m2C when detached (i.e., pressure is zero). 

It can also be profiled by time, using HTC - Profile.

One have to investigate further which HTC values to apply for different type of texturing (pattern, fine, coarse, depth), the material and process settings.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 3
rm_moldflow
in reply to: rm_moldflow

Hi Berndt,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try using different values for the HTC and see how it goes.

Mat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report