Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temperature at flow front

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yaman41
1219 Views, 5 Replies

temperature at flow front

Hello,

I've performed an analysis in insight.Please look to attachments.There is a problem with the temperature at flow front result. The temperature value is very high in some regions and also the temperature difference is high on whole part.What can i do about this problem?

Are there any way to catch more appropriate values?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
raalteh
in reply to: yaman41

If you look at the normal temperature plot, does it look spotty as well? Particularly the inside.
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 6
HugoHerrera7042
in reply to: yaman41

I would look at

1. Fill time control.
  2. Part Thickness – gate size.
  3. Waterline setting.

1. Is the fill time the optimal one? Longer fill times tend to create flow front temperature reductions. And short fill times create shear heating increasing flow front temperature.

2. Larger part thickness variations create the same change on the flow front temperature. Small gate size will create excessive shear heating on the plastic increasing flow front temperature.

3. Are the waterlines cooling the flow, creating turbulence?

You can check more of this on the help-tutorial area.

Good luck!

Hugo Herrera

Message 4 of 6
mike.yakonich
in reply to: raalteh

I got this disconnected and spotty flow front temperature.

mesh: 3D

analysis : fill and pack

purpose of study : simulating changes in runner

at the begining of the fill (filling the runner systems), as you can see temperature rises as high as melt temperature at the end of the part! how is that even possible? flow front (left photo) has not filled the end of the part but flow front temeperature has gone up there (without the flow acctually reaching there).

should i be concerned about it? any idea what to do/not to do is appreciated.

spotty and disconnected flow front temperature

Message 5 of 6

Hi Mike,

from what I can tell, you are not really comparing apples to apples if you allign Fill time result vsTemperature at Flow front result, and you play them at the same time.

Fill time result is transient (varies through time), and Temperature at Flow front is not (it is from an specific point in time)

I like to see the Temperature at the Flow front as a picture (thermal image) of your plastic part at the end of fill.

If you set the Flow front temperature result at 50% you are only cutting the temperature range of the overall needed. This has nothing to do with time.

As you would expect, the 'colder temperature' is observed at the end of fill areas per the picture attached.

Hope I was able to help you a little with this explanation,

Good luck!

Hugo Herrera

Message 6 of 6

here it is

Temperature at the Flow front at the end of fill

I think I understand what you meant.

various location of the part that has the same temeperature would be shown on flow front temperature.

my misunderstanding was that the temperature at the "flow front" should be continuous and advance with time but in fact it is not (which might be resonable). it captures the temperature when the flow front has happened and shows them sorted according to temperature not time.

thanks.

temp at flow front at the end of the fill.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report