Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System requirements

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dinesh27mec
961 Views, 8 Replies

System requirements

Hi,

I started an Fill+ Pack  + Sink + Warp analysis 16th of this month, which didn't complete till yesterday (25/06/2014). i am using 14GBRAM, NVIDIA Quadro 4000 Graphic, Hard disk with free space of 26GB.  In past too we had issues of this sort, where analysis would run for a day or more. So  we are planning to upgrade our system. My queries are related to that are:

1. Whether moldflow is a CPU or I/O intensive based software?
  2. Do you have any system requiements data for large parts For e.x : 2 * 1 * 0.3metres. Which can be shared with me.
  3. Do you have any performance benchmarking data for various hardware ranges (i.e) overall performance for 10GB/64GB/128GB RAM for the same model, based on which we can compare and do some trade-offs whether to go for high RAM or HDD or GPU.

Note: We are buying a floating Moldlfow Insight license, so if you can answer above question with Insight datas it will be helpful.

Dinesh Kumar D
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi,

information can be found:

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 9
yannick.moret

how many elements is your model and which mesh technology did you use ?

If analysis is really slow, you should look at windows task manager.

If you take more than the RAM you have available, it will use hard disk as memory to run and then analysis will be really slow. You can see that CPU activity will be very low because it has to wait for data to be transfered from disk, which is much slower than transfering data from memory.

Also, ensure you always run on the last service pack an dhotfix from your current moldflow installation.

Message 4 of 9
madhukeshwart

We have following configuration

processor : Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU W550 @ 3.07GHz 3.06 GHz

system : windows 7 - 64 bit system

RAM : 32 GB

And also ensure 150 GB FREE Space in system drive, where analysis will be running and temparory files are being copied.

We can run the study 3D STUDY with 35,00,000. 

If you would like to run the analysis very fast, Go for HPC  configurations.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 5 of 9
mayur_dhumal

Hi Dinesh,

All above comments are true & correct, besides that can you please confirm how much space is left on your local drive where temporary folder is placed. If it has very few MB space remaining that means analysis is running & it does not have enough space for temporary storage; in this case you will need to move your temporary folder to another drive where enough space is available. You can do this just by changing the 'Temporary directory' location in 'Job Server Properties'.

Definitely you will need to upgrade the memory to run a large model. So try running a Flow analysis first then warp; and not the full analysis at a time.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 6 of 9
JayMuller
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi Dinesh and all the others,

my main issue is that I do not have a GPU compatible graphics board with enough mem (6GB needed) installed.

AND I found out a Windows issue with the page file handling - if I let Windows manage the size of the page file automatically, then at round about 30GB I receive a Windows pop-up telling "out of memory".

If I set a page file size on my own 120GB, then it fills up until 107GB.

Anybody the same?

Regards,

Jay

Message 7 of 9
dinesh27mec
in reply to: madhukeshwart

hi thanks
Dinesh Kumar D
Message 8 of 9
dinesh27mec
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi Mayur,

We have found the issue was with both my hard disk and RAM, i had HD of 24GB free space and RAM of 14GB. So after going through Berndt specfied links.. we are upgrading our system
Dinesh Kumar D
Message 9 of 9
dinesh27mec
in reply to: yannick.moret

Hi,

The analysis was done In moldflow adviser with 3d mesh
Dinesh Kumar D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report