Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symetry modelling and analyse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
reynoldesign
488 Views, 2 Replies

Symetry modelling and analyse

Hi ,

I design a mold that has a 4 gates hot runner and 4 cold runners. This mold has 64 cavities and product material PP and 7 gr. Product wall is not thin. 

I would like to know that . This mold has a 4 symetry and should I have to be modelling (meshing) all cavities or if I am modelling 16 cavities and one hot runner gate is that ok. I mean can I use this 1/4 cavities for full running analyse. How does it effect ?  Warping , pressure , filling etc.

What should I do ? I asked that because of I don't wanna spend many time and computer running time.

If you don't understand my questiın I can attach a mold layout

Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nishit78
in reply to: reynoldesign

Yes based on the description you have provided you can model 1/4 of the layout. You can also use occurence numbers to represent all 64 cavities. Also, within the 16 cavity layout you can use occurence numbers if possible and model even less depending on the layout and the type of analysis you want to perform.

Search moldflow help for "occurence numbers" and you'll know what i am talking about.

Ni****

Message 3 of 3

You can use occurance no options to represent to all 64 cavities.

and It should be for FLOW anlysis only.

If you want run warp, cool and any other analysis, you have to model full layoput.

it is not adviced to use occurrence no

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report