Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Tensor from 3D Warpage Simulation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
677 Views, 0 Replies

Stress Tensor from 3D Warpage Simulation

This is my first post here, so hello 🙂

I have some questions about the Stress Tensor Calculation from the 3D Warpage Simulation.

First i would like to know how it is calculated, Is there any good reference? I have the Book of Kennedy & Zheng but only Residual Strain and Stress Models are described and i don`t know if  this is applicable for 3D Simulation in Moldflow

In the help is something written about the calculation of thermal strains and they are calculated by an integral from the temperature when atmospheric pressure is reached to the ambient temperature.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-29FDEC3E-0D52-4712-A98C-540228A4C33B

Is then the stress tensor just calculated by multiplying the thermal strains with the elasticity matrix C?

My feeling is that it can not be this simple.

Second Point: I have found out now that the stress tensor output of the MPI2ABQ.vbs script is calculated when cooled down to ambient temperature ( the temp set at the process controller ) .  

I am doing ejection simulations of highly undercut parts with an explicit simulation software, so very nonlinear contacts and material behaviour due to heterogen temperature profile of the part.

To take into account in mold shrinkage I only need the Stress Tensor at the end of cooling time as an initial stress for the ejection simulation. After ejection i do a cool down to ambient calculation to take into account the thermal strains after ejection, Then everything should be included in the final part shape: In Mold Shrinkage, Plastic deformations due to ejection and thermal strains from cool down.

Is it possible to output the stress tensor at the end of cooling time/ start ejection ?

It would be nice if someone from the development team could give an answer if it is even possible.

Kind Regards

Jakob

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report