Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed & Stroke in injection machine

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
676 Views, 1 Reply

Speed & Stroke in injection machine

Dear Guru

I don't understand when I got the proper filling time from Moldflow and then send to injection operator to produce product,

he cann't set as what i gave becasue he uses speed & stroke to set injection filling parameter.

Can I change from filling time to such a speed & stroke to help my injection operator to easily operate the machine?

Best Regards;

Chettha Sngarnate

Rayong, Thailand

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
normally the process operator will get fill time as a process result from settings at machine.

You can set-up injection profile in your analysis:
In the Process Settings for Fill, you can change Filling control to Absolute ram speed profile, or
Relative ram speed profile. Then you can create a profile and get fill time as a result.

The choice depends on which data you have of the injection molding machine.
Normally working with analysis one has no data of machine, and uses Relative ram speed profile.

You can also enter Advance options... and select an appropriate molding machine when having data,
or customize according to your actual machine.

One also have to keep in mind material compressibility, that screw starts to move and compress material before
material enters in to cavity. Also machine reaction time is a factor.
Some difference in fill time analysis vs. reality should be expected depending how modeled and set-up of analysis.

Some additional comments:

Flow rate: what is the flow rate in analysis vs. machine?
Analysis: look in screen output for flow rate (or = (cavity volume)/(fill time))
Depending on screw size and filling speed at machine you can do a quick check that flow rate is in same neighborhood.

How is the injection profile at machine for the part?
This will give you an understanding of difference in flow rate during fill, and if analysis should be setup similar and rerun.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report