Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying the temperature dependent material property for the Moldflow Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
madhurahande
430 Views, 1 Reply

Specifying the temperature dependent material property for the Moldflow Analysis

Hi

For the moldflow(e.g Fill+pack) analysis which uses any plastic e.g PBT GF33% we choose the material property at the room temperature as E1, E2, v12, v23,G12 and Alpha1, Alpha 2 etc.  All these properties are room temperature properties. Is there a option to choose these properties or input these properties as a temperature dependent properties in the moldflow analysis software? 

Analogy would be in any simulation [ mechanical , thermal ] etc we define the properties as a temperature dependent. because for such plastic properties vary drastically with temperature.

I am asking this question because I am in the process of mapping the properties from the Moldflow Analysis to Structural Analysis using AMSA interface. It does properly the mapping but I wanted to get the temperature dependency in the properties as well which can only be possible if it can be defined as a temperature dependent property in the moldflow analysis.

Rgs

Madhura

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. I would like to use material properties from AMI by use AMSA to Abaqus in thermal stress analysis. The problem is that the material properties from Moldflow are dedicated to temperature equal to 25 Celcius. Is it any way to obtain values of material property to other temperature or other method to perform correct thermal stress analysis?

I think that thermal expansion coefficient is not enough to evaluate correct maximum stresses because of changing Young modulus under the influence of temperature of used material.

Best regards

Pawel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums