Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small copy and paste mistake in mpi2nas.vbs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
harald_goetz
289 Views, 1 Reply

Small copy and paste mistake in mpi2nas.vbs

msgBox "You selected " & units & " units system." If strComp(StudyDoc.MeshType, "Fusion", 1) = 0 then QuitWithError "This is a " & StudyDoc.MeshType & " model, ANSYS cannot take this model!" ElseIf strComp(StudyDoc.MeshType, "Dual Domain", 1) = 0 then QuitWithError "This is a " & StudyDoc.MeshType & " model, ANSYS cannot take this model!" Exchange ANSYS with NASTRAN (maybe)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
harald_goetz
in reply to: harald_goetz

Now at home I can not endit my own post...Smiley Mad

So what I wanted to say is, that I found a little quirk in the mpi2nas.vbs_

msgBox "You selected " & units & " units system." If strComp(StudyDoc.MeshType, "Fusion", 1) = 0 then QuitWithError "This is a " & StudyDoc.MeshType & " model, ANSYS cannot take this model!" ElseIf strComp(StudyDoc.MeshType, "Dual Domain", 1) = 0 then QuitWithError "This is a " & StudyDoc.MeshType & " model, ANSYS cannot take this model!"

ANSYS cannot take this model!"

Exchange ANSYS with NASTRAN (maybe)

There are more issues with the scripts and their use (I guess, because I found some other issues regarding the use of frozen in stress).

Some are just wrong descriptions like the one above, some (scripts) do what they should but their results are not useful or usable.

I´ll come up with some later in August (hopefully).

One thing I remember from mpi2nas.vbs:

In the description it tells you to use mpi2nas after a midplane analysis, while in the code midplane and dual domain analysis would lead to the "answer" above:

Ansys can not take this model!

I see the scripts are just scripts and maybe they were written by users, but it seems there is not to much care about them.

Who else uses these "Export to FEM for further use" scripts? And what is the experience like so far?

Best regard

Harald

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report