Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sink mark prediction by 3D mesh result

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FK1985
1123 Views, 3 Replies

Sink mark prediction by 3D mesh result

Good Day,

I would get technical support about Moldflow. We will produce a part by PMMA material. You can find the basic dimensions of part which I mentioned on the attach. When I make sink mark analysis on moldflow, I see sink marks about 0.0056mm-0.0028mm on analysis.

According to my experiance; At these values, we haven't seen any sink mark on the surface of real parts which are produced with different material.

A) Is there any special values for PMMA material for non noticeability on real parts?

B) What do you think about our values(0.0056mm-0.0028mm)which we see on sink mark analysis?

Process conditions;

Filling pressure      = 70 Mpa - 9 seconds.

Fill time                    = 1.2 seconds.

Mold temp.              =  80C

Melt temp.                = 240C  

The part dimensions                    : Lenght 340 mm and nominal thickness 2mm

Gate type                                         : Valve gate(Hot runner system)

Gate diameter                                : 2.5mm

Flow path ratio(For material)       : 170mm(The injection location is middle of part)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mtrujil1
in reply to: FK1985

Hello FK1985!!!

the sink mark value is too low!! i think no represent any problem in the injection process!!!

Message 3 of 4
mayur_dhumal

Hi,

In this case i suppose your part's Nominal thickness is less than or equal to 3mm approximately then there is a quite 100% chance of getting sink mark free part.

Regards,

Mayur

Message 4 of 4
madhukeshwart

Try with very fine mesh and during meshing use advance front. hope it helps

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report