Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sink mark depth result

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Akshd1191
888 Views, 5 Replies

Sink mark depth result

Hi all,

I'm doing a moldflow analysis using 3D mesh. I'm trying to obtain sink mark index and sinkmark depth results but i'm not getting them. Can anyone please tell me, which type of mesh to be used and which type of analysis sequence to be used to get sink mark index and sink mark depth? 

Thanks in advance. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: Akshd1191

Hello Akash,

If you need both the results available then you will have to go for Midplane mesh or else if you only need 'Sink marks, index' result then you can use DD mesh.

Thanks,
Mayur
Message 3 of 6
Akshd1191

thank you for your response, I set my model to dualdomain mesh and got sink mark index as you suggested. I tried to generate midplane mesh for my model but i couldn't. So i guess i should accept sink mark index only. can you please tel me what percentage value of sink mark index means?

Message 4 of 6
mayur_dhumal

Message 5 of 6
Akshd1191

thank you very much Mayur. link was very helpfull. thank you 🙂

Message 6 of 6
KaindlJ

All,

Is it not possible to just use the "sink marks estimate" result, or is this simply not reliable? I'm using this frequently on DD and 3D models and I thought this was essentially the same as the "sink marks, depth" result. After reading the documentation, I may be more confused than when I started.

Thanks,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report