Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Image to File Brightness

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Mdemint
907 Views, 6 Replies

Save Image to File Brightness

I'm not sure how I did it, but somehow when I use the "Save Image to File" with the Active View, the saved image is much darker than it appears in Moldflow.  If I change the setting to Graphics Display Area, the images look okay.

This is a fresh install of Moldflow Insight 2012 (SP2).  I'm running this on Windows 7 64-bit.

Is there any way to adjust the brightness of the saved images or is my Moldflow just glitching?

In the attached images, the darker image was taken using the "Save Image to File" option, and the brighter image is taken with a screen capture tool outside of Moldflow

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mdemint
in reply to: Mdemint

I forgot to mention that this was on a 3D analysis.

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Did you checked the Viewer options?

Options.jpg

Regards

JK

Message 4 of 7
nishit78

To add to this post (perhaps related), I have also noted flickering transparancies (especially across multiple views).

Also, a screen shot of a result where the part is transparent (eg air-traps) appears to be darker. The work around is to change the transparency setting to .05 instead of the default 0.1.

Message 5 of 7
Vinod_nx

Hi ,

I have the same problem with my laptop,

format ur pc and intall again.

Regards

Vinod

Message 6 of 7
Paul.Larter

Hello

Both your images look like they have some kind of shading, dots over them. Your legend also has the same effect.

I have done some testing on my Windows 7 64 bit machine and all image saving methods produce the same image as seen in Autodesk Moldflow 2012.

Save image to file - with one display window

Save image to file - with window split and save active view

Saving with external program

What is the make and model of graphics card you have installed on your machine?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter
Message 7 of 7
Mdemint
in reply to: Paul.Larter

@Paul

I have a Windows 7 64-bit workstation with a quadro 4000.

I ran cleanreg.exe and re-installed.  One of those two did the trick.

(Cleanreg.exe is in [C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Moldflow Insight 2012\bin] and basically resets your user interface back to default settings... I'm guessing this is what fixed the problem)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report