Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber rheological model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
heneczkowski
583 Views, 4 Replies

Rubber rheological model

Hi,
Our PhD student simulates injection molding of some new rubber blends. There are not their properties in the MF database. He can do some rheological and DSC studies. But he has problems to determinate constants of viscosity model eg.: tau*, c1.
Could anyone help us
Maciej
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
p.wozniacki
in reply to: heneczkowski

Second that 🙂

Piotr
Message 3 of 5

It can be done in EXCEL with the solver function
Message 4 of 5
solymossy
in reply to: heneczkowski

Hi there!

I think You should contact Autodesk Plastic Labs. They will give You an excel sheet with the required information for the material. (From there you will see what measurements You have to carry out to be able to use your material in Mflow.) They are also capable of carrying out the whole measurements for a "hell of a money". 🙂 After the measurements they will "translate" your measured data to "moldflow data". I mean the constants and coefficients used by the Tait equation used by Mflow. IF YOUR MATERIAL'S RHEOLOGICAL BEHAVIOUR CAN BE DESCRIBED WITH TAIT EQUATION.

I hope it helped!

Balázs
Message 5 of 5
in reply to: solymossy

Is it possible to run a model without PVT information?

I can't seem to find any information on the 2-domain pvT tait model.

I was hopeing I could find an equation that would link the 13 variables with the graph of density vs temperature at different pressures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report