Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Values Intrepration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
klp2kor
626 Views, 1 Reply

Pressure Values Intrepration

Hello,

Can someone help me in interpreting the processing data from Injection molding machine to MPI inputs.

In process data sheet following are mentioned...

1) Injection time (2.5 Sec)

2) Injection Pressure (950 Bar)

3) Packing Pressure (750 Bar)

I believe the injection/packing pressure mentioned in the data sheet is measured value at the pump.

Injection pressure is a derived value in MPI. When I used 2.5 Sec as injection time then I found pressure at V/P is about 350 bar....

So, my question is what value of Packing pressure should i use in MPI  "packing control" ?

if i use 750 bar for 10 sec, does it reflect the same setting as in the data sheet ??

Please comment

klp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Paul.Larter
in reply to: klp2kor

Hello,

I attach a document that will help you match the Mold Process to Autodesk Moldflow Insight.

You should not assume any value, a lot of the time the values on the setting sheet are pump value but you should check. And if they are, in Moldflow we work with specific values so you should find out the intensification ratio of the machine to convert to specific values.

Have you modeled the runner system on your model. If you have not. This may account for the lower switch over pressure you are seeing.

Please read the attached document as this goes into a lot more detail than I can put done in this post.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report