Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Drop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
828 Views, 3 Replies

Pressure Drop

Hi,
with the 'Molding Windows analysis' you can see
the PRESSURE DROP, MAXIMUM (XY Plot).

I'd like to know if is possible to know the pressure drop with a normal analysis FILL+PACK?

From the Fill analysis I see the injection pressure.

Is the pressure drop as indicated in the attached picture?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In Mold filling analysis pressure drop is the difference in pressure between two points in the model. Usually it is the difference between the injection pressure and the minimal pressure at the time (zero during filling)

AMA products produce a result name "pressure drop" that is the drop in pressure from the injection location to that place on the model, at the moment that place was filled. That is, the pressure required to force material to flow to that point. It is used in calculation "confidence of fill".  Basically it is the "iinjection pressure" during filling. Guessing from your injection pressure plot the maximal pressure drop during filling was ~7MPa.

The pressure drop can be just seen from the pressure plot it is the difference betweein the minimal and maximal pressure/

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks abakharev,

in my case the pressure drop is about 7 MPa, as the attached image . Right?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

right!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report