Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portion weight as a function of time

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
430 Views, 3 Replies

portion weight as a function of time

hi,

I am currently working on a full 3D study. I need to get the polymer weight in a portion of the full cavity (for example, inside a single cavity of a multi-cavity mold) as a function of filling time. Would that be possible?

Any recommendations?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AnaMariaMarin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Here is an idea,

1) Look at the analysis log and determine the time you want the polymer weight. For example, in the image below at 0.11 s the part has filled 19.5% where 2.36% is frozen.

2) Look in the material details, PVT  tab and write down the melt and solid densities.

3) From the numbers found on step 1 and 2 you can now calculate the polymer weight you are looking for.

Hope it helps,

Ana Maria   PolymerVolume.png

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

thanks for the recommendation.

However, the information on the results log is the sum from all cavities. What I am looking for is the information for a single cavity (of a multi-cavity mold).

regards.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I would also like to get weight of a selection of the elements (portion of the part)

it should not be a hard job to develop a macro for it, (if someone teaches me the basics of it, I am willing to develop it).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report