Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me to solve those ERRORS.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
igalabroad
850 Views, 5 Replies

please help me to solve those ERRORS.

Hello,
i'm running a cooling analysis, (cooling circuit with several baffles) and i'm keep geting the following errors, for several cooling channels:

** ERROR 701870 ** The coolant inlet node 922968 is connected to more than one element

** ERROR 701871 ** The circuit outlet node 1 is connected to more than one element

** ERROR 701875 ** Cannot find an outlet node for the circuit with inlet node 922862
The outlet element could possibly be overlapping an identical
element

i tried to remesh them, to connect the inlets on the other end of the circuit, i tried duel-domain mesh instead of 3D, and nothing! i'm stil getting the same errors every time...

moldflow's help not helping in this case....
maybe one of you will? :))

thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: igalabroad

Hi,
this is not so easy with not having the study to troubleshoot.

Make sure you do not have overlaid curves/lines that creates overlaid mesh and nodes.
Turn of elements, and keep curves/lines.
(You might need to assign beam elements to a separate layer first, to make sure all curves/lines can be found)
Turn on: View>Toolbars>Selection
Do a banded selection of line in area of problem. If overlaid, in the selection list you will see more than one curve entity.
(Or, click on line in area of problem. If overlaid, the highlight of line normally do not shine through.)

Use Mesh Diacgnostics and
- Cooling Circuit Diagnostics
- Bubbler/Baffle Diagnostics
to check cooling circuits.

If overlaid nodes, you can try Global Merge with a small tolerance, such as 0.001mm.
Be careful, as it can distort your model if too large tolerance depending on model size/ mesh size.
Choose it wisely, as this affects all nodes in model.
Also, this can create issues on baffles/bubblers, if they lines are on top of each other and not
a small V-shape. (See Help and Modeling baffles.)

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 6

Usually when I get an error like this it is because the curves I used to create my channels were not fully connected. What I typically do is use the Mesh connected diagnostic to see where the break is. Once I locate it, I delete the beam mesh and one of the 2 curves at the break. I than Purge Nodes to eliminate any possible overlapping nodes, recreate the curve I deleted, reassign its' attributes and remesh it.
Message 4 of 6
igalabroad

Thank you both for your replies.

i found the problem - few cooling circuit nodes and lines were averlaped.

where i can find the coling-circuit & bubbler/buffle diagnostics ?

thanks again Edited by: igalabroad on Apr 10, 2010 2:27 PM
Message 5 of 6
nordhb

Hi,
you find the commands at:
Mesh > Mesh Diagnostics > Cooling Circuit Diagnostics
Mesh > Mesh Diagnostics > Bubbler/Baffle Diagnostics

It has some more diagnostic tools for circuits as well.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 6 of 6
in reply to: nordhb

I have checked the nodes and found no overlap. Why is there an error 701875?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report