Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phenolic materials in database (thermoset)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petefoss
663 Views, 2 Replies

Phenolic materials in database (thermoset)

I'm looking for materials in Moldflow's data base for injection moldable phenolic resins. Can you run an analysis in Moldflow as thermoplastic injection molding or do you need a thermoset license? I don't care about the kinetics at this point and I think the assumption that the fill happens fast enough that the material doesn't cure appreciably during filling would be valid.

Pete
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
piepCAE
in reply to: petefoss

Hello,

In order to run an analysis with a thermoset material you need the Reactive Molding license, or else you can't choose a thermoset material to run the analysis.

I'm also looking for phenolic materials in the database to run an analysis, more specifically Bakelite PF 31, but there isn't any alike. Has someone tested this material  or one with similar properties and created a MF file in the database? Sharing would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 3 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: petefoss

Hi,
in Synergy and tab Home, select the molding process to Reactive Molding (or other thermoset process) to get access to reactive material database.

The thermoset simulation is a part of Autodesk Moldflow Insight Basic, Performance and Advanced.
See product packages features at: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/compare/index?siteID=123112&id=14920771 

So, if you have Autodesk Moldflow Insight Basic, you can run thermoset Reactive Molding simulation.

There are some PH, phenolics, in the database.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report