Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part filling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Vinod_nx
641 Views, 3 Replies

Part filling

Dear All,

I am doing analysis for simple part, it is washer single cavity.

I can not understand why filling is not uniform.

Thanks

Vinod Tiwai

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
raalteh
in reply to: Vinod_nx

Hi Vinod,

For these type of questions, I would suggest you contact your support person.

To give you a few pointers, there are a few potential causes for this:

1) If the material you use is very temperatures sensitive, and you shear the material a lot, slight imbalances in shear heating can cause a run-away filling imbalance. The material in one area heats up a little more, the viscosity off the material drops locally, and material flows easier, introducing more shear heating, dropping the temperature even further, etc. I would suggest you have a very close look at the temperature results and how the frozen layer builds up.

2) The second pointer is somewhat related to the first one, but I notice a very long injection time! Is it possible that the material practically freezes off in the gates, creating shear heating and potentially a shear heating imbalance spiral mentioned under the first point.

3) if this is using a 3D mesh, the 3D mesh size near the gates may influence the balance. There is a good topic in the help on this called "Setting a gate contact diameter".

Best regards,

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 4
pk_vel

Hello Vinod,

This may also due to feed system modeling.

Make sure the sprue is center of the the gates and try remodeling the feed system by deleting the cold runners and connecting to each gate with out using rotate option. Sometimes even a 0.01mm difference in the runner length may cause this type of filling problem.

Regards

PK

Message 4 of 4
madhukeshwart

Hi,

vinod, it is very simple.

1.check the fill time for part.

2. It is very high,which is used for this part.

3. check for mesh match % for part, if less than 85%, convert the study into 3d analyis.

sure it will work.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report