Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow Synergy 2015 does not start as non-Administrator

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
luizdarocha
2784 Views, 16 Replies

Moldflow Synergy 2015 does not start as non-Administrator

Hi all,

I am quite desperate with my problem, I hope you can help me:

I just installed Moldflow Insight and Synergy 2015 (not 2014 where such a problem is known) on a few Win 7 64-bit computers (both through automatic deployment and manually by clicking through the installer). However, Synergy does not start when it is run as a non-Administrator user. The synergy.exe starts, uses full load on one cpu core, the Synergy dash screen appears, and then I get an error "AirSyn.exe is not responding" and it crashes.

- As soon as I log in as domain-administrator or local administrator, the program runs fine (thus, the communication with the license server works).

- I tried adding another user to the local Administrators Group, but it still can not run the program.

- I tried giving full access to all users to the Autodesk-Folder in Program Files, still no success.

- I tired setting c:\temp as "run in" of the desktop link

- I installed SP1 through the application manager, still no success.

Do you have any Ideas? Any log files I could check that might help me?

Thanks in advance,

Luiz da Rocha

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
madhukeshwart
in reply to: luizdarocha

Get IT team help, install the setup for all users and get rights for all the users.

Hope I have understood your problem correctly 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 17
luizdarocha
in reply to: madhukeshwart

Well, I am the "IT team" of our institute. The installer does not offer a choice between "only for myself" and "for all users" as you would know it from other software. I installed a lot of software without problems in this configuration and all the non-admin users can run them without problems (Ansys, Matlab, Catia, Maple, Nastran, Patran, Abaqus and so on)

"get rights for all users" - what do you mean by that? they have read acces to the program files folder, even full access to the autodesk folder. And as I mentioned, I even added one user to the "Administrators" group of this computer, so he has admin rights, but it still does not work for this user. only local and domain Administrator can run the software.

Any other Ideas that might give a hint?

Message 4 of 17
yannick.moret

Would you be able to raise the issue through our subscription center ?
we will be glad to help you identifying the issue but might be easier if support can directly look at your machine.

Regards

Yannick
Message 5 of 17
luizdarocha
in reply to: yannick.moret

Dear Yannick,

thanks your your reply. Currently, we don't have a subscription, thus I cannot. We will buy it today or tomorrow. As this will probably take some time to go through, is there anything you could do in between? We would need the software rather soon.

Thanks in advance,

Luiz da Rocha

Message 6 of 17
zhangchar

Hi Luiz,

Our QA just tried to create a standard user account on his local machine (both Win7 and Win8 64).

He can launch synergy – AMI 2015 well without any problem.

So not sure if you has some other special settings on the non-admin account you mentioned.

Regards

Charlie

Message 7 of 17
mayur_dhumal

Hi Luiz,

Can you please confirm whether NLM is getting installed properly while using Non-admin rights? You can extract the installer & try to Run the NLM setup file using dropdown 'Run as Administrator'.

I hope you are using non-cloud synergy 2015 installer with Single License Server, & mentioning name of server, also using correct Serial Number & Product Key.

Lets see if this helps!

Regards,
Mayur
Message 8 of 17
mayur_dhumal

Hi Luiz,

Following is the default settings, so you will need to check for "Everyone"  in NLM installer (C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_MFS_2015_Multilingual_Win_64bit_sfx\x64\Support\nlm) :

Regards,

Mayur

Message 9 of 17
luizdarocha
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi,

thanks for your suggestions, but they didn't help yet. Yes, I am using DVDs for the insatllation. NLM was not installed on the machine. I installed it, but all that i can see there are the following files:

- flexnet server (lmgrd.exe)

- autodesk flexnet demon (adskflex.exe)

which i both don't need on the client

and lmutil.exe and lmtools.exe (client license administration) which I ran, but they don't help either.

All the licensing information is stored in the licpath.lic in both the insight and the synergy program folders:

SERVER fokker 000000000000 2080
USE_SERVER

and as I said, as an administrator the licensing works.

Message 10 of 17
mayur_dhumal

Hi Luiz,

So are you saying that NLM setup folder is not installing either it is not available in DVD or both?

If I am not wrong it is essential to work on client machine.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 11 of 17
zhangchar

If you use network license server then client PC doesn't need to have NLM installed.

Message 12 of 17
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: zhangchar

Thanks Charlie, for reminding, I was doubtful about it.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 13 of 17
luizdarocha

Small update: We use an academic version, where support in the subscription center seems to be not possible, even if we buy a subscription. I am thus hoping for more suggestions from you.

Thanks,

Luiz

Message 14 of 17
zhangchar

Hi Luiz, I'm not familar with Academic Version, could you let me know more detail? Such as what Product Key did you use to install Synergy?  Yannick may know more on this.

Regards,

Charlie

Message 15 of 17
yannick.moret

If you see an airsyn.exe crash, I would be surprised it is a licensing issue, especially if it is running as admin.

What did you use during install for the default project directory and temp manager directory ? the default one ?

Are they localised on a local drive ?

Do you have any specific right access settings on the machine in some directories ?

Message 16 of 17
luizdarocha
in reply to: yannick.moret

Dear Yannick,

Thank you very much, this pointed me in the right direction. After noticing that all local accounts, even non-admin can run Synergy, (but not roaming, domain-accounts, which is the default for us), I made the connection to the temporary and default project folders.

In our setup the uers' "My Documents"-Folder is on a network server, using a folder redirection group policy. Obviously Moldflow can not handle this. As soon as I changed the temp- and project- folders for Insight and Synergy in the registry, it worked.

If anyone else needs it:

registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Moldflow Insight\2015\Environment

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Moldflow Synergy\2015\Environment

modified values (just a suggestion):

"MFSYN_TMP"="C:\\temp\\ASMI 2015 Temporary Files"

"MFSYN_USER_HOME"="C:\\temp\\%USERNAME%\\My ASMI 2015 Projects"

To the Audodesk developers: This is probably something you should look at to patch.

Thanks an best regards,

Luiz da Rocha

Message 17 of 17

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report