Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow showing installed even after uninstallation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ashutoshkumar.del
530 Views, 4 Replies

Moldflow showing installed even after uninstallation

I installed the Moldflow Insight 2014. Due to some error, i uninstalled it but when i tried to install it again it is showing that its already installed.

need to reinstall it.

Please provide me the solution.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Assuming you installed Insight under "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014" folder, otherwise you need to use your installed location to replace this one.  I also assumed that you installed 64 bit of Insight.  You can try to uninstall from Windows command window:

msiexec   /x {753C779D-0464-2014-0000-8FF1C120CB5E} INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014"

Regards,

Charlie

Message 3 of 5
JayMuller
in reply to: zhangchar

Dear Charly,

If that ..."msiexec   /x {753C779D-0464-2014-0000-8FF1C120CB5E} INSTALLDIR...." works, your are my personal hero.

I destroyed 3 Win 7 installations with this issue myself and I tried to manually delete Autodesk out of my registry - I know software that have 3 to 10 entries, not Autodesk, think I deleted about 5.000 entries.

But problem was still....If Charlies advice didn´t work you have to re-install. (and send invoice for that to Autodesk ;-))

Regards,

Jay

Message 4 of 5
zhangchar
in reply to: JayMuller

Have you managed to uninstall 2014 Insight yet?  Please let me know if you still have trouble to uninstall it.

Regards,

Charlie

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

I have been unable to reinstall it it. I have tried deleting the entries in the registry but no use.

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report