Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moldflow insight

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
NADIHATASHA
671 Views, 4 Replies

moldflow insight

hello all, im new in this forum and currently im using moldflow insight for my project. i need to analyse flashes defect on my headlamp lenses but im not sure if this software capable to analyse the flashes defect.

p/s: newbie in moldflow insight.need help a lot.  Smiley Sad

thanks guys Smiley Wink

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

In the moldflow we cannot simulate the Flashes.

The most common causes of flash are an excessive velocity stroke, injection velocity, packing pressure, and a low clamp force.

Remove flash by either reducing the injection velocity or increasing the clamp force.

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 5

thanks for the reply 🙂 need to change title for my project and soon im gonna have a lot of question and help again..:)

Message 4 of 5

owhh...can i get the list of defect that this software can analyse?

thanks 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Alex.Bakharev
in reply to: NADIHATASHA

Well, Moldflow predicts the maximal clamp force. If the predicted clamp force is below the capabalities of the molding machine then we would have a flash.

Regarding the severity of the flash (that will be the extent of the flash, its thickness, etc.) moldflow is not designed for this task, although some people used the feature name "core shift" to simulate formation of the flash.

In most cases you do not need to du this type of analysis, just check that the predicted clamp force is well below the capabilities of the molding machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report