Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow error NOT RESPONDING

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JoeqKennedy
833 Views, 4 Replies

Moldflow error NOT RESPONDING

I have an issue with the program having regular errors "NOT RESPONDING" and requiring a restart. Some time it with clear it self and continue but most times will not recover. This happens during modeling and analysis set up and also with Report Wizard. Has any one else had this problem and if so what is a resolution.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Paul.Larter
in reply to: JoeqKennedy

Hello

My first question would be is this happening at regular intervals? If the answer is yes, as a test to eliminate a variable could you turn off the auto-save feature and monitor if you continue to have the 'Not Responding' issue.

To turn off the auto save click on the big M in the top left corner and select the 'Options' button. Un-tick the box in the Auto save area.

My next question would be to know what CAD format the files are you are reading in? Could you also confirm what release of AMI you are using, I am assuming 2012.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter
Message 3 of 5
JoeqKennedy

Version is 2012. I have been improting files as Step and Iges from Catia V18with the same problems. The auto save was on and set for every 90 minutes. I have turned it of and problem still there.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Paul.Larter

Hello

I would say then we can rule out the auto-save kicking in when you are having the Not Responding issue. There are two other checks I would like you to try.

First, could you check your graphic card has the latest drivers and that you have the settings set for 3D app - visual simulation, rather then the default global settings for the graphics card. Normally you can find these under your 3D setting on your graphic cards control panel. If you have trouble with this then let me know.

Another option is to turn off the fading options for menus. To do this go to Start and right click on your computer name - Properties - click on Advanced system properties on the left menu. With the system properties GUI now open click on Settings under the Performance area and un-tick the 3 Fade options for the menus.

Let me know if this helps in any way.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter
Message 5 of 5
JoeqKennedy

WE HAVE CHECKED AND SET UP THE gRAPHICS CARD AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS AND CHANGED THE fADING OPTIONS SETTINGS. THE ERROR MESSAGE STILL OCCURS BUT THE SYSTEM HAS CORRECTED ITSELF AFTER A SHORT TIME. IT HAS NOT REQUIRED A RESTART

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report