Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow Communicator

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TMMSinc
530 Views, 2 Replies

Moldflow Communicator

Can you measure beam properties in the communicator?

is there some special way you need to create your .mfr file so that you can view these properties.

I want the viewers of my .mfr file to be able to measure the beams so they can verify gate and runner sizes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
toofewfish
in reply to: TMMSinc

I have asked for the same thing several times. I have been told that this request has been passed on to development, but have heard nothing since then, like it went down a black hole.

We try to use Communicator to give information to our toolshops for gating and manifold information. The closest way I can get to providing them with enough information is to include a thickness plot in the mfr file. At least they can "examne" the runner and drop dia's to get sizes, but anything other than a round beam is not accurate either. Measuring widths of beams for edge gates, etc is not accurate either...but we use all standard sizes and they usually can tell the difference between say a 3/8 and a 5/16 if they measure them..

I would also like to have the abilitiy to include jpgs in the communicator file as well. At least then I could create jpgs and add dimensions etc.

Another one would be to use "bookmarks" in the plots (with saved view and time step) so that you could have people look at a particular instance in the plot.

Message 3 of 3
Paul.Larter
in reply to: toofewfish

You can generate a user defined plot using the following command in the command line.

calc thickness:mm @DIAG:thck:0:1000

0:1000 represents the min:max range to be displayed and can be changed to the values you wish to display. By using a high max value this example should capture all your thicknesses.

The Command line can be found under the View ribbon - Windows - User Interface. Tick Command Line to turn on.

You can then mark the plot for export the same as any other plot. In communicator you can use 'Examine' to display the thickness of your beams.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report