Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow 2014 - Mold Surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PING_CTCV
436 Views, 4 Replies

Moldflow 2014 - Mold Surface

Hello,

I'm new at using moldflow and I have some questions about the software. I have a mold design for a part that I want to produce, but the cavity and core of the mold are not made by conventional ways. 

Is there away to tell moldflow that the specific part is the cavity and the other the core of the mold, instead of creating the mold surface on the software?

I would be happy if anyone can help me. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: PING_CTCV

Hi,

The part you want to simulate need to have property "Part (Dual Domain/3D)", in order to get this you can opt for meshing only that part/model.
If you need to run a Core-shift analysis, you need to mesh ejector side i.e. Core.
If you will try to mesh whole mold, then it will go to non-responding mode, as there will be 'n' number of components to mesh & which is really not required or outside of usual process guidelines.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 3 of 5
yannick.moret

Select your elements, and look at properties. You have the possibility to define the mold material.

So you can select elements on both side of your model, and assigned different properties.

Message 4 of 5
madhukeshwart

Surely,

1. There is a option  to create parting plane, which separates core side and cavity side 
  2. In midplane, you can maintain consistent orientation and assign respective core / Cavity properties.
  3. 3D mesh/DD mesh, you can select core side element and cavity side elements in separate layer and assign a separate properies.
  4. 3D cool(FEM) , even u can mesh core (3D mesh) /Cavity (3D mesh), you assign respective properties. 

If not clear, Take a help of local Autodesk support...

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 5 of 5
PING_CTCV

Thank you. I've managed to do it. 

Thanks for all the sugestions.

Best regards!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report