Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow 2013 Service Pack 2

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
raalteh
1400 Views, 5 Replies

Moldflow 2013 Service Pack 2

Dear Moldflow users,

I’m happy to announce that ‘Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2013 Service Pack 2’ for the desktop products is now available through both Subscription center, as well as the Support Page.

Nearly all of the fixes included in Service Pack 2 were brought to our attention through crashes that were reported to us through CER (Customer Error Reporting), as well as issues that came through support channels. Thank you for using these communication channels, as this helps us find issues quickly, and allows us to deliver high quality products.

Issues addressed with this Service Pack 2:

Moldflow - Synergy user interface:

• Mesh thickness always displays as 0 on legacy study containing IGES geometry. (Support issue)
  • Improve usability of spaceball function. (Support issue)
  • Improve error handling when an abnormal operation is occured. (Customer Error Report, CER)
  • Improve error handling when an invalid udm file is used. (Customer Error Report, CER)
  • Mesh thickness diagnostic shows as 0 when a UDM file is meshed to Dual Domain mesh. (Support issue)

Insight – Solvers:

• Part volume calculation in the logs is incorrect. (Support issue)
  • Fixed a crash in 3D Flow for when using annular beam elements analysis. (Support issue)
  • Improve thermoset process results in Cool (FEM). (Support issue)
  • Improve 3D time to reach ejection temperature plot. (Support issue)
  • 3D Warp for thermosets does not take into account the tensile modulus results from fiber. (Support issue)
  • Incomplete analysis on a large model shown no results in Solvers but Job manager doesn't show that analysis is failed.
  • Differential shrinkage result is wrong for structural beams.
  • Couldn't define mesh density for the first selected surface or curve. (Support issue)
  • Runstudy always returns Success even when an analysis fails.
  • CAD body will be moved to active layer after "Show Contact Interfaces" Enabled. (Support issue)

The installers can be found on Subscription center in the ‘Product Enhancements’ section in the middle of the screen after logging in. (If the list of available enhancements does not show Moldflow 2013 Service Pack 2 components, please click on ‘View all available product enhancements’ to see the full list of product enhancements that is available for your account.

Alternatively, go to Support Page, identify the product you are looking for from the list (e.g. a service pack for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy 2013). You will be taken to short list of downloads that are available for this product. Then click on the Service Pack 2 option, and download the relevant update.

IMPORTANT!:

I.          The Synergy user interface and Insight Solvers belong together and both need to be upgraded to Service Pack 2 individually.

II.          Service Pack 2 needs to be applied to the product that is already on Service Pack 1 level (either the ‘2013 FCS release + Service Pack 1’ OR the Multi-language installer (already on Service Pack 1)

III.          For Windows, the .msp installers should be downloaded and executed. The installer is compact and will update a relatively small number of files.

IV.          The Service Pack for Linux solvers requires an uninstall of the previous version and a complete installation of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight -Solvers 2013 Service Pack 2.

V.          Service Pack 2 can be applied to the English or localized products

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JD_Moldflow
in reply to: raalteh

Hi,

I got a warning as below while trying to install Communicator 2013 sp2

"the upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch"

but there is no Communicator 2013 sp1 in my subsciption center for me to download and install before sp2.

Message 3 of 6
raalteh
in reply to: JD_Moldflow

Hi,

The easiest thing is to download uninstall Communicator, and install the full version of Communicator on Service Pack 2 from here.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 4 of 6
JD_Moldflow

Thank you Hanno Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
tim.vanast

Hanno,

I'm seeing the same Error for Insight, Solver and Communicator.

Tim

Message 6 of 6
raalteh
in reply to: tim.vanast

Hi Tim,

I suspect you may not have Service Pack 1 installed. If so, please install SP1 before installing SP2.

You can find the service packs on subscription center OR you can download them from the support page here:

Click on the product release you are looking for and you should see which service packs are available for that particular version.

Best regards

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report