Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mold flow structural alliance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ramesh.5s
1702 Views, 6 Replies

mold flow structural alliance

After installing MSA in my system I am capable of exporting the ansys  FE model to moldflow insight 10. There I can mesh the part and do fill analysis. Again i can bring the results to ansys but when i solve the problem it is showing an error as "mold flow license is not available".please solve my problem.

Regards

Ramesh

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ramesh.5s
in reply to: ramesh.5s

Hello all,

My objective is to use the Fiber orientation results and material data's from Moldflow to Ansys or Radioss.

I guess there are different ways to do these are

A. Using Moldflow Structural Alliance (MSA).

Import the CAD model in Ansys and apply boundary conditions after meshing and export the model as STL to moldflow and again do Dual domain or 3D mesh and select fiber material to run flow analysis. It will create a *.mcr file which can be imported in Ansys to run Run Moldflow structural alliance.

B. From Moldflow to Ansys (directly)

Mesh the CAD model in moldflow and do Flow analysis with Fiber material and use the mpi2ans command to create cdb

and ist files which then can be imported in Ansys.

C. From Moldflow to Ansys or Radioss (using Digimat)

Mesh the model in moldflow and do Flow analysis with Fiber material and use Export as XML which then can be used in

Digimat CAE for creating interface files of material model and fiber orientation which then can be used in Ansys or

Radioss.

I am right now using the Option A of using MSA. But I have the problem of MSA: Error License not found as given below.

MSA error License not found.jpg

Please share your valuable information.

Regards

Ramesh.

Message 3 of 7
raalteh
in reply to: ramesh.5s

Hi Ramesh,

For this type of question it is typically best to contact your support contacts.

Some initial thoughts; it looks like AMSA cannot find the proper license (an AMI Performance or Advanced, or AMA Performance) avaible. This can have several causes:

1) you don't have a license at the required level.

2) the required license is in use by another application or user.

3) AMSA cannot locate the license server, in which case I would suggest you check the installation instructions for AMSA.

I hope this helps.

Hanno 

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Please clarify the following:

1. Is it necessary to use AMSA 2011, If we are using AMI 2011?

2. Is it necessary to keep open the moldflow insight when we are running the same part in Ansys?

3. What are the material properties exported from moldflow to Ansys?

4. Will we be able to see the fiber orientation in Ansys?

5. Any documents or case studies or procedure available that can be helpful to use the moldflow results in Ansys.

Please share the available materials regarding this. Appreciate more views on this.

Regards

JK

Message 5 of 7

Hi JK

1. Is it necessary to use AMSA 2011, If we are using AMI 2011?

Yes, AMSA 2011 is supported with AMI 2011. With other combinations of releases, we are entering unsuppoted waters.

2. Is it necessary to keep open the moldflow insight when we are running the same part in Ansys?

No. AMSA is using the results that AMI generates, but it does not require AMI to bo open or installed on the same machines as ANSYS (wth AMSA).

3. What are the material properties exported from moldflow to Ansys?

For the 2011 release, it is using the Moduli, shear moduli and the poissons ratios, for each location in the part.

4. Will we be able to see the fiber orientation in Ansys?

No, for two reasons.

1. AMSA does not read the actual fiber orientation, but the mechanical properties (behavior) that is the resulting from the fiber orientation calculation in AMI. 
  2. AMSA does the mapping of the mechanical properties 'on the fly' while the structural analysis is running. At this stage it is not possible to display the mapped mechanical properties (input) within ANSYS,

5. Any documents or case studies or procedure available that can be helpful to use the moldflow results in Ansys.

There is an user and installation guide available for AMSA for ANSYS. This provides a step by step workflow.

Conceptually, the workflow is similar to the interface between Autodesk Moldflow and Autodesk Algor Simulation 2011 as in this Autodesk Moldflow and Algor Simulation.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 6 of 7
ramesh.5s
in reply to: raalteh

Hi,

Please clarify the following

I am trying to export moldflow results to ansys by running comand "mpi2ans" in the moldflow command line.                       Intially I meshed the model in hypermesh, when I imported the model in moldflow it ask for units to specify,given as 'mm'. After fill+pack analysis in moldflow I ran the command, it generates interface files(*.cdb, *.mst).But files follow the different unit 'm'. I cant proceed in ANSYS with this unit, it yeild's different result.Any alternate there

Regards

Ramesh

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

By default, SI unit system will be selected. We can manually type the required units system.

SI units: Length: (m), Stress//Modulus: (Pa), Mass: (kg), Temperature: (K)
Metric: Length: (mm), Stress//Modulus: (MPa), Mass: (g), Temperature: (C)
English: Length: (in), Stress//Modulus: (psi), Mass: (oz), Temperature: (F)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report