Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro injection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nilza.reis
422 Views, 2 Replies

Micro injection

Hi!

I have a part, micro part with diameter 1.0mm; is it possible to simulate this mould in Moldflow Insight 2013?

There is a specific module….

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tim.vanast
in reply to: nilza.reis

There should be no problem with running it in Moldflow.  I've run a few micro parts before and it worked well.  I don't remember trusting the injection pressure numbers, but the filling pattern made sense.

Tim

Message 3 of 3
raalteh
in reply to: tim.vanast

One challenge with micro-molding is understanding what is actually happening in reality. Typically the molding process is very fast, and the machines may not be responding as quickly as you anticipate. If you for instance specify an injection speed of 0.1 second, the machine will need some time to accellerate over a very short distance, and as a result the screw will probably not accellerate (and decellerate) very linearly. Measuring the actual screw speed over a short distance is not very trivial. Also the inclusion of venting in the mold can be important.

Within Moldflow we don't know the machine characteristics, so the assumptions are that they are 'ideal'. At the university of Danmark they did some work that was published in this paper (I believe there are more).

I hope this helps

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report