Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh statistics dialog box unable to be opened

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
827 Views, 8 Replies

Mesh statistics dialog box unable to be opened

Hi all,

After I finish the meshing, when I click on "Show" button in "Mesh Statistics", nothing happens. I am unable to see the mesh statistics window.

Any idea if this can be accessed by any other means?

I am using 2015 version.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
teopado89
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, one time it happened also to me with 2014.

I created a new project, and then iimported the study already meshed.

It worked for me.

I hope it will work also for you.

Matteo

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your method and it worked. But still separate window did not appear and the text appeared just below the study pane. I had to adjust the size of it to view it properly.

So I went back to my original study and checked the same thing and I had my results appearing in similar way.

Not sure if autodesk has changed its way of presenting these results by not making it appear in a separate window.

Thank you for the suggestion.

mesh stat.jpg

Message 4 of 9
xusho

We have changed the way to display mesh statistics results. Since 2015 release, now it is displayed as a panel under study tree.

Shoudong Xu

Moldflow Meshing

Shoudong Xu
Autodesk Moldflow Meshing
Shoudong.Xu@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, they have changed the way they are displaying the mesh statitics results and now it is much more difficult to view, and even harder to post the results in a report.

Please change it back, or at least explain why the change was made and the advantage to the new way of doing it.  So far, I've not come up with any advantage.

Just my thoughts,

Tim

Message 6 of 9
maxmarautodesk

Hello community and Autodesk staff,

I agree with Tim, the old way of showing it was a bit more conventient. I like it that you can push around the window and change its size very easily. I have not found any major disadvantage though. It would be still nice, if you can tell us where you think the advantages are of displaying it the new way.

In general, I think the way of how (new) funcations are communicated could be improved. If you take any feature or function in Moldflow, the help is enough to understand the "direct" influence. The "indirect" influence, meaning mainly the actual influence on the simulation results, is often not mentioned or only little information is available. Two examples:

1. The mesh diagnostic window

I can see the direct effect of the change, namely that the mesh statistics was moved to the side panel where it is fixed (the panel can still be changed in size though). But I am not aware of the necessity/advantages of this feature, what this means for reporting or if perhaps something has also changed in the computation of the mesh statistics (too me it seems to be much faster now).

2. Enhancement layers in Cooling (3D) meshs

I can see the direct effect of chaning the setting, namely the number of shell-like layers on the outside of any meshed cooling channels. I believe this is also explained in the help. However, what I miss is information about what is the exact effect of the number of enhancement layers on the simulation. I can imagine that it influences the accuracy of the heat exchange between mold and cooling fluid and of course the computation time. Yet, I am not sure about what is a decent value for the number of layers or if the number of layers should be chosen depending on the size of the channel and remaining mesh size.

I know that no help or software is perfect, I just would like to give some inspiration about where to start improving. I hope the feedback is useful for you Autodesk guys.

Best regards,
Max

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: xusho

Hi Shoudong Xu,

is there any way of separating the mesh statistics window from it's new location? I've just switched to 2015 and am finding the new location very inconvenient and difficult to read. My interface is set up just how I like it and it's frustrating to have to resize the panel to view the mesh stats.

thanks

Rachel

Message 8 of 9
xusho

Hi Rachel,

We have noticed that problem. I will discuss with management.

For now, there is no workaround, except for re-sizing the panel.

Shoudong Xu
Autodesk Moldflow Meshing
Shoudong.Xu@autodesk.com
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: xusho

Thanks Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report