Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Repair Wizard in Moldflow 2012 very slow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
521 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh Repair Wizard in Moldflow 2012 very slow

Hello everyone

I have the following problem in Moldflow 2012:

1) I mesh a model with a 3D mesh (mesh sizes between 200k to 600k elements).

2) I run the mesh repair wizard, which it is very slow. It sometimes takes 10 minutes for the program to finish each of the several optimization steps inside the repair wizard.

I have already tried the following to resolve the problem:

- Tested it on an older Core 2 Duo E8600 with 4GB of RAM under Windows XP 32-bit -> very SLOW

- Tested it on a fast new Xeon E31280 with 16GB of RAM under Windows 7 64-bit -> very SLOW

- I installed the latest patch for Moldflow -> very SLOW

- Took the model into Moldflow 2010 and used the wizard in the same way -> very FAST

Therefore the only solution for me is to use Moldflow 2010 instead of 2012. Does anybody have the same problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance

Roger

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Paul.Larter
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

I have tested the mesh repair wizard on a few 3D models I have and I am not seeing the same problem. I would suggest you raise a support request via the subscription centre and then we can take a look at your model to see could be causing your issue,

What was the CAD format of the initial model you read in?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul.Larter

Hello Paul

All the CAD models I get are in Parasolid format. Do you think this could cause the problem?

I will try and find a non confidential model that I can upload to the subscription center.

Best Regards,

Roger

Message 4 of 4
Paul.Larter
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Roger

The Parasolid file should not make a difference. I will look out for your case in Subcription centre.

Paul

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report