Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Match Percentages

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
682 Views, 1 Reply

Mesh Match Percentages

What role does the mesh match percentages(match and reciprocal) play in the analysis and getting accurate results?  If I mesh with out "match mesh" checked, I get much fewer elements and aspect ratio error.  This reduces the amount prep work needed and overall study times and makes it tempting to do.  Thanks in advance for the help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AnaMariaMarin
in reply to: Anonymous

Good morning,

The mesh match and reciprocal ratios are very important when you are working with Dual Domain meshes because it tells you how aligned are the elements from one side to the other, when you look at the results and you use the "examine result tool" you are selecting one element, right? The result will be displayed for the middle to the top for the element selected and from the middle to the other side will be the value of the matched element. Ideally you should have the same conclusion whether you select on one side or the other. As the match ratios values decreases the less likely you are to arrive to the same conclusion.

This topic is discussed in detail in the "Learning Autodesk Moldflow Insight" course. If you have not taken this class I will suggest contacting your local Autodesk office to make arrangements to attend the course.

Regards,

Ana Maria

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report