Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for shrinkage measurement

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
467 Views, 2 Replies

Macro for shrinkage measurement

Hi everybody,

i'd like to measure the shrinkage of my part at fix positions. Has somebody here already written a macro to do this automaticly?

It would be very nice, if i could input the nodes and then get the changed dimension of the part there.

Like this down there:

Unbenannt.png

Thanks

Markus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
raalteh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I start probably with kickign in an open door; have you used the macro recording option yet? Go to the 'Tools' tab, then click 'record macro', then start opening your model, select the warpage result (apply your anchors?), start interrogating the results at the requested positions. Then click on 'Stop recording', save the .vbs in a place where you can find it.

You can then open the .vbs with any simple editor (e.g. wordpad) and modify and expand it. I have a rather large script that does this for a large set of models, and saves the data in an a text file, which I used to post process the data (using other excel scripts). I'm happy to provide you with some of the routines I used, but a lot of them may not apply directly to what you are trying to do.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: raalteh

Hi,

Yes I already Used the macro record function 🙂 But i hoped that someone already had written such a Script like this which you made for post processing, behause i'm not a pro in Vb-scripting 😉

Thanks

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report