Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lambda values

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
535 Views, 2 Replies

lambda values

what are the corresponding lambda values for small, large deflection and buckling analysis?just need the values
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

G'day Sir,

I've been noticing that no one has tried to answer your question, I suspect primarily because we are unsure of what you are after. If the lambda you are after refers to the eigenvalue solution, that only applies to a linear buckling analysis in the warpage solution. If you are running a buckling analysis nd the eigenvalue solution is less than 1.00, that indicates that the predicted shrinkages for your part will produce an instability in the warpage, and that a small deflection analysis will be inadequate to characterize the warpage. You will need to then run a large deflection analysis.

If the eigenvalue (lambda) solution is well above 1.00, then the small deflection analysis should be adequate.

Hope this helps.

Bob Sherman
Senior CAE Analyst, RTP Company
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hello Bob,
thank you for your reply, you got my question right. i have couple of more questions on this.

1. How is this lambda value calculated?
2. When we run an automatic warpage analysis, how does the solver go about it.
3. in dual domain, it only does a small deflection i suppose. in that case how do i determine the best to predict my warpage.

looking for your reply.

best regards
kameshwaran.G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report