Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Professional version of Windows 7 really indispensable?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
640 Views, 3 Replies

Is the Professional version of Windows 7 really indispensable?

Hi,

One of my prospects is asking whether he could run AMA on his laptop, under Windows 7 Home Basic. Now, in the Release Notes it's stated that the minimum requirement is W7 Professional...

My question (out of curiosity): which AMA/AMI functionalities are NOT functioning under W7 Home Premium, and which Professional OS features are required?

Cheers

Piotr

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yannick.moret
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

If Autodesk doesn't support an OS version, that means we didn't do any tests on it, and if there is issue witht hat OS, we will most likely not change our code to accomodate it. That doesn't mean it will not work.

Regards

Yannick

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I don't know if Moldflow has in itself some particular concerns which need WIndows 7 Pro, but from an Operating System point of view, I think it is quite unlikely because Win 7 Pro and Win 7 Home Premium have no big differences between each other, being the differences mainly focused on advanced networking capabilities, nothing that for what I can guess should affect Moldflow, anyway.

The question might be different with Win 7 Home Basic, which on the other hand is a very limited version of WIndows (for example it has serious limitations on multitasking) which has mainly been developed for netbooks and stuff like that, and may get somehow in trouble with Moldflow.

This is what I think; for 100% certainty, you should have an answer from someone at MoldFlow.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

I am using MPI on Window 7 Basic and it is running fine.

Regards

Vinod Tiwari

Hyderabad,India

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

One of my prospects is asking whether he could run AMA on his laptop, under Windows 7 Home Basic. Now, in the Release Notes it's stated that the minimum requirement is W7 Professional...

My question (out of curiosity): which AMA/AMI functionalities are NOT functioning under W7 Home Premium, and which Professional OS features are required?

Cheers

Piotr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Cheers

Piotr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report