Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight 2015 - Anyone having problems with buttons not responding?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chris.nelson
633 Views, 3 Replies

Insight 2015 - Anyone having problems with buttons not responding?

Hey all,

This isn't a bug report yet, mainly because it hasn't been reproducable enough for me to determine what's causing it.  But since we've upgraded to Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2015, I've noticed that occasionally certain keys will stop responding.  First some of the deeper menus hotkeys stop working.  For example once I get into the move toolbar, F2,F3,F4 won't open the drop-down menu to toggle between translate, rotate, etc. 

If I keep working, eventually the buttons in the main toolbar stop responding (no save, no undo, etc.).  Restarting ASMI fixes the problem.  (Also, Ctrl+S still works to save your file). 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

-Thanks

-Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Have you tried service packs 'Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2015 SP1 ?

follow this link

http://autodesk.typepad.com/beyondmoldflowinsight/2014/06/autodesk-simulation-moldflow-2015-service-...

Even Some times we  faced similar issue with 2014/2015, but not often...!! 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: madhukeshwart

Hi,
which graphic card do you use?

If Nvidia, it might be related to:
Synergy changes Desktop theme, the background pictures and window colors

See the above link for solution, and let me know if it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 4 of 4
chris.nelson
in reply to: chris.nelson

I got an e-mail asking if this was resolved.  I figured out this was user error, and reckon I ought to post the solution here for everyone.

I'm used to rotating the part using hotkeys.  CTRL+M to get to the menu, then F3 to get to the rotate sub-menu.  For whatever reason, pressing F3 no longer goes to the rotate sub-menu.  The text in the selection box still says that F3 works, but it seems that F3 has been mapped to a global function that over-rides this.  Regardless, after pressing F3, you'll notice that all the buttons along the topmost row of Moldflow stop responding.  If you continue working, eventually this behavior trickles down to the rest of the menus, and if you still continue working eventually Moldflow will crash in a few hours.  

I'm still not sure what pressing F3 is activating, but pressing F3 again anytime before Moldflow actually crashes restores normal behavior.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report