Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGES file importing problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
birajlahkar
934 Views, 6 Replies

IGES file importing problem

Dear All, Biraj here. I have imported one IGES file into moldflow, but as consequence its not imported properly as shown in attachment. Some unwanted curves and surfaces are also coming while importing. Model was designed in PRO-E and I converted it into IGES by selecting ‘surface’ option and intromitting remaining options as ‘default’. Please do reply with resolution. I am waiting for your kind response. Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
birajlahkar
in reply to: birajlahkar

Find out the image here. It's not attached while posting the problem. Sorry for inconvenience.
Message 3 of 7

Hello Birja,

Still the attachement is missing??

Regards

JK

Message 4 of 7

Hi JK, Previously I tried for two times to attach the image. But, I don't know why its not attaching. This is my 3rd attempt. If I failed please mind it as an inadvertent and do help without image.
Message 5 of 7
nishit78

Check the layers for the proe part file. If the solid geometry is assigned to a layer, then the iges (surface) import in moldflow does exactly what you said.

Check the layers in the part file and delete the "solidgeom" from every layer that contains it and re-export and import the iges, then you should be fine.

It use to happen to me all the time and i found out what the problem was the hard way, so now before exporting from pro/e i always check the layers to avoid problems

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hello,

I do have also a problem with an iges import to MPI. I tried to import an iges-file created with solid works and even though with autodesk inventor and do not get a proper imported model.

How does the construction look like: It is a simple test structure which contains of a base plate on which I assembled some wires. I constructed such a wire with a 3D line and used the sweep function to generate swept cylinder. Then I placed a couple of wires on this base plate in a assembly. Afterwards I exported the assembly to an iges-file, thereby I used the default options to export the iges as well did I vary the options.

Unfortunately it was not possible to obtain all constructed wires in the iges imported file in moldflow. As I used solidworks and similarly inventor I would suppose there is something wrong with the import into moldflow!

I would be really happy to get some support to solve this problem.

Thank you very much in advances.

Tony

Message 7 of 7
nordhb
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report