Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypermesh to Moldflow problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
amirod
980 Views, 5 Replies

Hypermesh to Moldflow problem

hello all,

like many of you, i do meshing at hypermesh, then i import it to moldflow fixing and then remeshing with the moldflow.

the problem is that i allways get different volumes after the remeshing at moldflow.

for example :

when i import hypermesh meshed part to moldflow the volume at mesh statistics showing 300cc.(for example)
after doing the remeshing in moldflow the volume at the mesh statistics showing 300cc . but at the anaylsis log showing less.

if i dont do the remeshing  at moldflow the volume is correct at the mesh statistics and the analysis log. which meen the problem starting after the remeshing.

* iam meshing dual domain at hypermesh.

how can i solve this problem?

Amir 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ashwinkumarnr
in reply to: amirod

Hi,

There should not be any change in mesh volume, if you are looking at the volume inmodel details in analysis log, because it the same details as you see in mesh statistics details.

Message 3 of 6
madhukeshwart
in reply to: amirod

Amir,

surely there will be difference with remeshing in moldflow and without remeshing in moldflow.

mesh volume will be based on thickness of mesh in DD mesh.

Thickness will be more accurate and depends on match ratio of DD mesh.

mesh match percentage will change after remeshing. .i.e volume will change.

Regards,
Madhukeshwar Talwar
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 6

Hi Madhu,

Once you import a mesh from hypermesh, the volume of the part is lets say 'x'

you remesh this part in moldlfow, the volume what you get should be 'x' or

can be less than 'x', as moldflow tries to approxomate the mesh which is already approximated.

is this what you ment??

Regards,

Ashwin

Message 5 of 6
amirod
in reply to: ashwinkumarnr

hello guys,

Yes after the re-meshing in moldflow the volume is less than X ... but its 50% less. which is not acceptable at all and not logic.

after alot of studying i finally succeeded to solve the problem :

1)mesh part at hypermesh

2)import to moldflow
3)mesh 3d meshing at moldflow(after correcting the problems).

4)re mesh to dual domain meshing.

Message 6 of 6

Ashwin,

1. 'Volume shown in mesh statistics' will be based on encloure of surface mesh volume.

i.e if you re-mesh the same surface mesh in moldflow( i.e the volume shown in mesh statisitic) (it is same encloure of surface mesh volume). It will not change at all.

2. Volume shown in log will be based mesh thickness and mesh match percentage. It will change when re-mesh.

For example: >  Just go to properties of elements,

> Change the thickness of elements (i.e automatic captured thicknesses) for 2 -3 different studies of different  modified thickness. 

> check the volume in log for each  study of different thicknesses. you will get different volume in different study.

> It confirms volume shown in log is based the mesh thickness not the enlcosure of mesh volume.

3. Volume 'shown in mesh statistics' & Volume shown in log are different.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums