Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the anchors?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nohbyeongsu
488 Views, 1 Reply

How to use the anchors?

Hi, All.

I know how to use the anchors in warpage visualization tools.
But, sometimes I can not belive the warpage result when I used the anchors option.
For example, according to the anchors point, the warpage results was changed.
So. I can't decided which is correct results.

So, How do you use?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
raalteh
in reply to: nohbyeongsu

Hi,

The anchoring does NOT change the actual deformation of the product, just the way it is displayed!

Without specifying an anchor plane (e.g. the default display) the warpage result is displayed in a way that it best 'fits' the orriginal model (the method is called 'best fit'). This method gives a very good over all idea of where the part is shrinking and warping more or and where less. You will often find that somewhere in the middle of the product, you have a blue area with 0 displacement.

The anchors allow you to study the warpage result in more detail (e.g. how much the product shrinks and warps with respect to a specific reference). The first anchor point defines that the initial cavity and the warped part have 0 displacement. Remember that just by specifying this one anchor point, all the colors will change, because you moved the area where you have 0 displacement ; BUT the actual shape of the warped product does not change, it's just that the reference points have moved.
So, with the first anchor point, we define the 0-deflection (origin), and with thesecond and third anchor points we specify the x and xy plane These three points effectively become your local coordinate system. You can use the results query to get detailed information on how much a point deflects in 'local' X Y and Z direction.

There is some really good help on the concept of anchoring.

I hope this helps
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report