Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to observe the shear stress results

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
krkkomal
526 Views, 3 Replies

How to observe the shear stress results

Anybody please let me know how to interpret shear stress at wall results. Do u need to see shear stress results till filling stage or packing stage and also let me know by animating the results if shear stress results exceeds than the specified in few areas what can we conclude is it elemental problem

Please guide me

Regards

Komal
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kameshwarang
in reply to: krkkomal

i feel , the shear stress should be noted for packing also. and if you observe areas having higher shear stress than the specified, it can not always be the elemental problem, but also a quality issue because of over shearing.

regards
kamesh
regards
kameshwarang.G
Message 3 of 4
GoncaloRodrigues

Hello Komal,

I think that shear stress should be analysed till the end of packing phase. However, the most of times the packing phase will complete the filling of the part in 3 or 5%. It means that, in these cases, there is no big differences.

So, you can check the fill time and in the properties of shear stress results you will change the animation time till the end of filling and than you will see if the shear stress is inside the admissible value or not.

Pay attention because you need to know clearly for what is the part and which is your function. Sometimes is good to have shear stress above of the adimissible. For example in one region/area you know that after an assemble or wherever it will be to break.

Please not that only in the part the shear stress is important, not in the runners. However if you have a cold sub-gate, for example, you can check if there is a value above of the admissible because it will help in the separation when the ejection works.

I hope that this can help you,

Engº. Gonçalo Rodrigues
MOLIPOREX, S.A.
Portugal
Message 4 of 4
madhukeshwart

Mostly it will be observed during filling till end of fill, but during packing also recommended .

Whatever the recommended limit specified in material data base is about 1% of tensile strength of the material.

If part is exposed to extreme temperatures & worst loading conditions in its life time, this 1% limit also very high.

If part is not exposed to extreme temperatures & worst loading conditions in its life time, this 1% limit also very low.

It changes with application to application

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report