Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate 'Mold internal temperature result' in a 3D cool analysis?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mayur_dhumal
621 Views, 6 Replies

How to Activate 'Mold internal temperature result' in a 3D cool analysis?

I have a 3D analysis, but this does not have 'Mold internal temperature result' plot as default neither it is available in 'Create New plot'.

Does anyone have a idea about it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

I have defined a mold boundary.
Even i have enabled 'Calculate internal mold temperature' from Process settings wizard>Advanced Options>Solver parameters>Cool Analysis & set grid resolution to '20' , 'Temperature, internal mold result' is not generated or not found in New Plot.

As per help it has to be generated.

Thanks,
Mayur
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

You have to make a moldblock boundary. then only you will get the internal mold temperature results.

Goto Geometry=>Moldsurface=>Moldsurface wizard will open and you have to size the mold outer surface.

After that you have to choose the Mold internal surface in cool solver paramerter settings.

Leave the Grid in default settings. if you want to change the grid location use cutting plane or section.

i hope i answered your question.

Regards,

Inba

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 7

Hi Inba,

I have already fulfilled these conditions, namely:
1) Design mold boundary
2) Click checkbox ' 'Calculate internal mold temperature' & set grid resolution value.
3) Selected 3D Cool (FEM) Analysis with 'Average over Cycle'.
4) Create custom plot

After these conditions fulfilled, i can't get this result plot.
I guess this plot may produced from a Cool Analysis and not from a Cool (FEM), i will cross-check or support may have been called off for this plot.

Thanks,
Mayur
Message 5 of 7
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi Inba,

Got the solution!
I was performing point number 3) wrong, i should have chosen to perform Cool Analysis instead of Cool (FEM).
Even help document also states correctly,just confirmed.

Thanks for your reply.
Mayur

Message 6 of 7

Hi Mayur,

No need togo for Cool(FEM). Norema cool analysis you will get it.

Inba

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 7 of 7

check the following

1) Create a mold boundary is must

2) In Advanced solver setting for cool.  select check box ' 'Calculate internal mold temperature' & set grid resolution value.

3) It is available for Cool ( BEM) method only, not for Cool (FEM)

4) Expected result is not available by default, you need to create custom plot.

If not solved your requirement . do let us know... 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report