Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Runner Export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eknema1
670 Views, 2 Replies

Hot Runner Export

Is there a way to export a hot runner as something other than a .mfr, .zip, .h3d, .udm, .stl, .pat, .mfl, .amm or .igs file?  Preferably some sort of CAD format and apparently Iges doesn't work for hot runner beams (at least I haven't got it to work).  I am trying to communicate to our suppliers exactly what we would like built.  I wasn't sure if there is a module from Autodesk or a procedure to do this.  Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: eknema1

Hi,

the hot runners are beam elements,  1D element (2 nodes) with a property, that is displayed. (same for all types of channels: runners and cooling circuits)

So not a geometry surface, and therefore surface export not available.

The beam geometries are exported from Synergy as lines in IGES format (IGES Entity 126 Rational B-Spline Curve).

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 3
madhukeshwart
in reply to: eknema1

We can export as a IGES curves and those can be added to exisiting iges model

Then 3d feedsystem can be created as specified dimensions of beam and can be used for tool design.

Regards,

Madhukeshwar T

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report